The winter flu and cold season have your immune system kicked? At Heart Rate Monitors USA, we want you to stay on the right track with healthy living – including the health of your immune system. That’s why we have some great tips on how to keep your immune system in tip-top shape, so you can enjoy the winter season!
- Remember take your vitamins every day. Your levels of Vitamin D naturally decrease in the winter time because there is less natural light, so help to boost this vitamin – as well as others essential to your immune system.
- Extra sleep is essential. Rest is required for your immune system to function properly.
- Make sure that you’re getting the proper amount of fruits and vegetables each day. They’re chocked full of antioxidants and minerals to help fight off these seasonal illnesses.
- Getting in your daily workout can help to keep your immune system working properly as well. A 30 minute workout of vigorous activity is a lifesaver in more ways than one!
- Get your flu shot (if possible). Many pharmacies and clinics offer free flu shots to people during this time of year. However, you’ll want to make sure that you’re not sick when you go to get it because it may heighten your chances of getting the flu.
- Washing your hands after every time you come in contact with your mouth, nose, and after you use the restroom is very important this time of year. Getting rid of these germs can prevent you from getting sick or if you’re already ill, spreading it to others.
- Make sure you’re cleaning areas of your living space frequently – like your bathroom, kitchen, and door handles. This will also help to stop the spreading of germs.
Have any more tips on how to keep your immune system in great shape during the cold season? Leave it with us in a comment below!