Your Favorite Fitness Apps
While Wahoo is probably our favorite way to turn an iPhone into a personal trainer, there are some other great fitness apps out there to help you get more out of your training session.
We asked our Facebook friends and Twitter followers for some of their favorite apps, and here are their picks:
- Men’s Health Workouts: This app, which comes from the popular men’s magazine, features exclusive workouts for a variety of athletes and skill levels.
- MyFitnessPal: This app is great for tracking diet and exercise and syncs with an online community where you can share your progress toward a wellness goal.
- iMapMy: This fitness app uses the built-in GPS of your phone to track your fitness activites. You can record workout details on an interactive map, which can then be uploaded to MapMyFITNESS websites for sharing and analysis.
- Gym Buddy: This general fitness tracking app gives you a great view of what’s happening as you exercise. It’s basic, but effective.
- RunKeeper: This free running app is a popular pick. It tracks your runs and gives you stats to help you train smarter.
- GymGoal: Designed for strength training and weight training, GymGoal is great for having at your side while training.
- Couch to 5K: This app offers a complete training program consisting of 30-minute interval workouts to help you get ready for your first 5K.
- Cyclemeter: This app supports cycling tracking, plus tracking for walking, skiing, skating, and running.
- Women’s Health Apps: Women’s Health Magazine offers a full suite of apps to help you improve fitness. Here’s where you can see a full list.
These are just a handful of your favorite apps – there are plenty more out there to choose from! Which ones are your favorite? What do you use to train or enhance your fitness?