Guest Post: 10 Reasons Why Keeping Fit is Important
Today’s guest post comes from Sophie, who shares 10 reasons why keeping fit is important.
For some, keeping fit forms part of their weekly routine, whether it’s going to the gym or attending various exercise classes at evenings and weekends. We all know that keeping fit is beneficial but the advantages of an active lifestyle are multiple. If you are thinking of upping your fitness regime, here are 5 reasons why you shouldn’t delay in putting a fitness regime into action.
- Reducing the Risk of Cancer: Studies have shown that maintaining an active lifestyle can significantly reduce your chances of certain types of cancer, most notably colon cancer.
- Improving Your Mood: Exercise can have a calming effect, therefore reduces the risk of depression and helping you to stay calm and rational during stressful situations.
- Maintaining a Healthy Weight: Those who are overweight are putting themselves at risk from all sorts of health-related issues such as heart disease and type 2 diabetes. By maintaining a healthy weight you can enjoy a healthier life overall.
- Clearer Skin: Exercise has been linked to clearer skin as it helps to promote circulation which sends essential nutrients to your skin. If you suffer from breakouts, regular exercise helps your skin to recover quickly as exercise ensures regular oxygen reaches the skin.
- Enhanced Sleep: We all need a good night’s sleep to function as well as possible and exercise is a great way to enhance the quality of your sleep. Provided you don’t exercise shortly before bedtime, physical activity on a regular basis can help you to sleep deeply throughout the night allowing you to wake up feeling refreshed.
- Improved Appearance: Certain exercises improve posture and help to tone you so you will find yourself looking taller and leaner which makes for an attractive appearance.
- More Confidence: As your body changes shape in light of regular exercise, you will undoubtedly start to feel more confident in many situations which can positively impact relationships, self-esteem, and just your overall sense of well-being.
- Extra Energy: Exercise helps to increase energy levels for other areas of life so you can make the most of every day at both work and home.
- Enjoying Food: When you exercise regularly, the can enjoy all kinds of food (in moderation) without feeling guilty or noticing a drastic weight gain.
- Delaying the Aging Process: Whilst some things are inevitable, keeping fit and healthy means you are likely to enjoy an independent lifestyle for longer through improving core strength and flexibility.
With so many reasons to keep fit, why delay? From joining a gym to signing up for local exercise classes, there are plenty of ways you can start to reap the rewards of an active lifestyle.
About the Author: Sophie works alongside Simply Gym and regularly attends Zumba and Pilates classes to improve her fitness levels.