Getting overly excited about the fall season happens to the best of us, and at Heart Rate Monitors USA, we know that you have stocked up on all those seasonal treats it has to offer. Our favorite out of all these autumn specialties is – you guessed it – Pumpkin. Whether it’s from a can or still in its natural form, we have some tips on how to use this heart healthy vegetable to your benefit without being wasteful.
- Mixing pumpkin in with some chickpeas and garlic can result in a healthy, tastier version of traditional hummus.
- Add pumpkin to your spread, whether it’s butter or margarine, for some extra flavor on a bagel.
- Partial to a bowl of heart-healthy oatmeal before you start your day? Stir in some pumpkin for a seasonal and weight-friendly taste. Plus – it’s chocked full of vitamins, so it will help to start your day with even more of a kick start!
- Have a whole pumpkin at your house that hasn’t gone bad yet, but has not quite made the transformation to a Jack-o-Lantern? Dig out the seeds and roast them for a healthy, protein-filled snack.
- Perhaps you’re looking for an alternative to marinara sauce on your pasta. Try out some pumpkin puree, a bit of nutmeg, a pinch of salt, and some skim milk for a delicious and unique way to jazz up a traditional dish.
- Saving your seeds from the pumpkin you have lying around and planting them for next year is a fun, resourceful, and easy way to recycle.
Have any more heart healthy pumpkin uses for our list? Share it with us in a comment below!