It seems every year you make a resolution to get healthier and in better shape, however, many people never really stick to their New Year’s resolution. If you’re hoping to get in the best shape of your life in the New Year, consider these fitness goals to help guide you down the path to better overall health.
- Add more cardio to your life! Increasing your cardiovascular endurance is a great way to jumpstart your health. Try going for a run in the morning and increase your distance gradually over the year. You’d be surprised how much you’ll look forward to strapping on your heart rate monitor and hitting the pavement.
- Incorporate more stamina based training into your fitness regimen. Having great stamina will make working out easier, and dare we say, more fun?
- Try yoga! Yoga will increase your flexibility, which is a great way to improve your overall strength and fitness.
- Get more rest! Stress and exhaustion are huge contributors to poor health. In the New Year, try getting more rest.
- Breathe! Stress is a huge health risk for people of all ages. Exercise however can help reduce stress.
- Stay motivated! There are many ways to stay motivated. Consider working out with a friend or significant other. When you find a support system, your 2014 New Year’s resolutions are highly attainable.