Safety Tips When You’re Camping this Summer
Heading out into the wilderness this summer to get in touch with nature and your more rugged side? Don’t worry: to be rugged and live on the edge, you don’t have to be exactly like Bear Grylls to go camping this summer! We’ve got the best tips, GPS systems, and other outdoor gear for you so that you can enjoy your time away from the chaos life brings on.
- Always have a physical map of where you’re going before you head out, marking exactly where you’ll be setting up camp.
- Tell someone, whether it’s a family member or a coworker, where you’ll be going. It’s important for a third party to know exactly where you’ll be going in case of emergency.
- Having some sort of digital directional guide to help you find trails and other points of reference is essential. One of our GPS systems, such as a Garmin eTrex, can help you not only with finding your location but also helps with geocaching as well.
- Pack extras of almost every necessity, such as water bottles, socks, flashlights, and other important camping materials.
- Having an adapter for your necessary electronics is also very important.
- And of course, pack an emergency first aid kit for all the bumps, bruises, and scrapes along the way.
Have more tips for camping out this summer? Leave us a comment below!